ELAINE CRUMP, CHAIRPERSON
The Women's Auxiliary was organized in the year 1894, during the pastorate of the late Rev. Dawson. Mrs. Eliza Dawson, wife of Rev. Dawson was the first president. It was the Women's Auxiliary who purchased and donated the bell to the Church on Nassau Street, and throughout the years, this Ministry initiated and completed many projects for the improvement of the church on Nassau Street, and the present church on Scotland Street. Some of these projects included repairing the ceiling, installation of rubber treads leading to the balcony, and the installation of the silencers, which were placed on the back of the pews for the Communion glasses.
The Women's Auxiliary assists with orientation of new members; prepares and delivers meals to the sick and shut-in members; prepares meals for the homeless; provides support to Vacation Bible School activities; arranges the annual Easter Egg Hunt, and provides support to other organizations and ministries.
Initiating programs that inspire the youth to use their talents and time wisely is a goal of the Women's Auxiliary. Become a member of this ministry that gives service to the church and the community.