"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
THE HISTORIC first baptist church exists...
To honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values. As a Christian church, we believe in unity, inclusiveness and diversity as essential keys for the strength and growth of our congregation.
Our mission is to seek divine guidance concerning Jesus and to proclaim as effective witnesses that He is Christ so that others may know, worship and follow Him. As Disciples of Christ, we demonstrate his love and compassion by helping to meeting the needs of all people.
By the fruit of the Holy Spirit, we minister to the members and community to grow the church, inspire our youth, witness to the lost, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, work for justice and peace and do the work of the Kingdom of God in the 21st Century.
Our Vision statement
EXALT the Savior
EQUIP the Saints
EVANGELIZE the Lost
Our Core Values:
- The Bible: authoritative, inerrant, our standard for truth and obedience
- Christ-Centered Living: loving the Lord God with our whole hearts
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and corporate prayer as crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a passion-driven, gift-based ministry
- Missions: taking Christ to the community by serving, giving and praying
- Loving Relationships: acceptance, caring for others, forgiving
- Contemporary Worship: vibrant, heartfelt, reflective
- Small Groups: for spiritual growth and relationship building
- Strengthening Families: along with strong youth, children's, and young adult ministries
- Empowering Leadership
OUR WAY FORWARD - "R3"
RECONCILIATION, RENEWAL AND REDEMPTION
- RECONCILIATION of civic and social activities with sacred scriptures.
- RENEWAL of commitment to fundamental national principles.
- America's REDEMPTION depends on how we meet this challenge.