PHYLLIS JOHNSON, CHAIRPERSON
Greets all persons as they enter into the House of the Lord to hear and learn the Word of God. Distributes the bulletin, assists with seating, collects offerings at each worship service.
The ministry of church ushers plays a vital role in the hospitality and welcome ministry of First Baptist. Together with our church greeters, parking lot volunteers, and hospitality hosts, our church ushers help the church member, visitor (guest) experience a wonderful worship service. Our ushers are a significant part of the church hospitality system and fulfill the following specific duties to accomplish that role.
- Meet and greet all members and visitors (guests) as they enter for worship services.
- Assist in the seating of members and visitors (guests).
- Provide care for the needs of the pastor during the service.
- Attend to the needs of the visiting speaker or guests of honor.
- Maintain the decorum of the service, according to the church’s tradition.
- Watch for the safety of the congregation and acting as the line of first response to medical emergencies.
- Collect the offering.
Become a member of this ministry today. Sign up now with an email to the Chairperson @ or click the button below.